How to Prepare IAS Prelims Exam in 2 Months?
If you are wondering whether you will be able to prepare for the IAS preliminary examination in 2 months, you will be glad to know that YES it is possible.
It will be possible if you are willing to work hard, put in a great amount of effort and also stay committed to your goals. With all these elements perfectly placed, you will be surely able to crack the IAS preliminary examination in 60 days.
But you much be wondering what are the important checkpoints to prepare for IAS Prelims Exam, right? So we have brought you some important tips that will help you to prepare IAS Prelims Exam in 2 Months.
Tip 1 – Analyse the Prelims Examination Pattern
First of all, you will need to analyze the IAS prelims examination pattern so that you can be familiar with the different types of question that will be asked. Here are some details about the Prelims exam pattern.
- Language – the examination will be conducted consists of both English and Hindi. But the English Comprehension part will be only in English.
- Duration – the candidates will be allowed 2 hours to complete each of the preliminary papers.
- Section / Paper Included – the examination consists of two papers, General Studies Paper 1 and General Studies Paper 2. The candidates will need to appear and qualify in both the examination papers.
- Type of Questions – all the questions for the preliminary round will be in MCQ format.
- Marking Scheme – each paper of the preliminary round will carry a total of 200 marks. Each question carries 1 mark. But 0.33 marks will be deducted from every wrong answer
Tip 2 – Analyze the Syllabus for the Prelims
In your process of IAS Exam Preparation, it is important that you are well aware of the preliminary syllabus. The syllabus is vast and contains several different kinds of topics and concepts which the candidates will need to pay attention to.
It is important that the candidate score good marks in both preliminary papers so that their aggregate marks are on the higher side. You should have basic and ample knowledge of your subjects.
Tip 3 – Manage Your Time
One of the most important UPSC Exam preparation tips is to learn how you are supposed to manage your time. With 60 days in hand, you can understand that every day counts and therefore it is important for you to practice your lessons every day in these two months.
Make a proper schedule and maintain the discipline to follow it every day. It is also important for you to practice writing so that you can finish your examination within the allotted examination time. Losing time will not solve your purpose in a positive way.
Tip 4 – Practice and Solve Sample Papers
One of the best ways with the help of which you can score good marks in the IAS examination is by practicing sample papers every day. Sample question papers and previous year question papers are available all over the internet.
Solve the questions and read the answers which have been made available in these papers. This will not only help you to get familiar with the questions but it will also help you to manage your time in a brilliant fashion. Regular practice will surely help you the most!
So here are some important tips that will help you to get the results you have been hoping for in the IAS Prelims examination 2019. All the tips which we have mentioned have proved to be really beneficial for several candidates and now it is your time to follow them to achieve your goals.